Thursday, March 24, 2016

Looking Back Five Years

Last night I saw a commercial for a mouth guard.

"No more snoring." Guaranteed. 

If it doesn't work you can return it and get your money back. 

If you are married or living with someone you can ask them to stay awake and listen. If you live alone, well, then you have a problem. I suppose you could buy a sound activated tape recorder. The company that sells these should have a 'listening' service. 

But, how would you know if they were telling the truth?

I wrote the following while on a cruise.

There was a young lady from France
Who left for her cruise without underpants
At first she was blue
But then thought it through 

and just knew she'd have fun at the dance.

There was a young man name of Fred
who while sun tanning turned horribly red
tho it wasn't the sun that got him overdone
it was the topless deck he thought would be fun

there was an experienced traveler named Rick
on his very first cruise he got sick
each time the ship hit a wave
he would look oh so brave
but he needed a bathroom
and quick

On the cruise was a fellow named Paul
who when walking would bounce off the wall
"It's not what you think
I've had too much to drink"
It's the waves that are twenty feet tall


Wanda and I were watching "American Pickers". The guys were looking through a lot of gasoline and oil advertising signs. The storage facility also had a number of old, really old, gas pumps, one with an 11 cent per gallon price tag. I started thinking about what I thought was "IT" back when I was a kid. I guess I'm going back to 1960?

I don't remember the circumstances but I saw the paycheck of an uncle. Printed on the lower right corner under the signature line was not good for over $250.00. At the time I couldn't imagine earning two hundred fifty dollars a week, let alone more. That seemed like so much money to me. My ultimate then was $250.00 a week in salary, a $5,000.00 car and a $50,000.00 home.

I saw a commercial for a KIA yesterday. It was $30,000.00. 

If the company is going to be selling cars for that much maybe they should come up with a longer name.

At one time small three bedroom one bath homes around here were selling at $450,000. 

It's all relative.

partial repost from 3-24-11