Thursday, December 24, 2015

Happy Holiday to You

Hi there,

Happy End of Year.

I've not been writing much but have been trying to keep in touch on Facebook through Steve the Cat. He wanted me to say hello to you all.

If the weather is decent I have been walking through the neighborhood. I must look like a thug. The other day a fellow on the next block thought it important to tell me (the) "Cops went that way," as he gestured down the side street on the next block. I couldn't see or hear him very well.

I am a big threat.

I am now four weeks post-op on my left (second eye). I spent the first three weeks 'seeing' the side of the new lens. It looked like a long hair was in my peripheral vision. I spoke with the doctor. He said about 10% of his patients have this phenomenon, it will go away, my eye will heal and I should "Try not to think about it."

Ya right.

I am happy to report that has subsided. Except for the first few minutes after waking the long hair is now a mere eyelash. Although it does seem to move and float around a lot. I try not to think about it.

Ya right.

The situation does have its advantages. The other evening a small moth was flying around the living room and I didn't think about it.

No comments: