Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"I Do Believe in Fairies....I Do, I Do!"

Here's valuable Information from an expert on the Today show.

Seven Secrets for Saving from the Coupon Maven.

1. Check out grocery store ads.
2. Look through newspapers (they still print them).
3. Peel stickers off at grocery stores
4. Check on-line coupon sites.
5. Check on-line coupon sites.
6. Check on-line coupon sites.
7. Check on-line coupon sites.

Four through seven had different names but were all the same.

Here is someone who is a self-proclaimed coupon collecting and money saving expert. She has her own web site. She tours the country giving lectures and had three minutes on national television to share her knowledge with the world. You can follow and take her advice. Or you can simply do a search for discount coupons for the exact item you want. 

Even easier, search an item, wait a minute or two and Google, Facebook and the like will have ads and coupons sent directly to your device.

I just searched "clothing" and have ads for Wild Exotic Dancewear, Sexy Trendy Clothing and Clothes Sexy. I also got an ad for Baby Gap. I deny any knowledge or reason for the sexy things but I was looking for a Harry Potter onesie for Grace.

There has been much discussion in recent news on climate change. Most people agree it is indeed happening and we are its cause. The NOAA released a report that last month was the hottest May on record. But even with all the evidence, certain people still don't believe it. I may have found something to convince the naysayers.

How to Cash-In on Climate Change: It's a multi-part article on how to make money from pollution clean up and new energy technology.

Today is Fairy Day: Fairy Day is a day for fairies, magic, and wishes to come true. For one day, put aside the cynicism of the modern world and embrace the possibility of the unknown, and believe in fairies.

I've lived most of my life trying to ignore much of the serious world. I have enjoyed Fantasy since reading LOTR in 1972. The bad spouse bought me the trilogy which was the best thing other than producing a child she ever did.

I'm a knowledgeable Harry Potter fan; I know a few spells and the name of He-Who-Must-Not-Be. I loved the excellent series' Fablehaven and Percy Jackson and they're supposedly written for young adults. I believe in the unknown and I believe it keeps me young.

I will however refer to the unseen as brownies, nymphs, gnomes and pixies. I've had an issue with fairy's since Tooth screwed me in 1954. 

It's also Swim a Lap Day. 

I don't have a pool. I can't fill the bathtub because of the water shortage. The only neighbor around here with a pool doesn't speak my language. I certainly don't want to risk Pseudomonas Dermatitis, Shigella or Norovirius by going to the public pool. The only way I could celebrate any type of a lap day would be going to a Gentlemen's Club and I don't think Wanda would like that.

A Massachusetts woman called police on Sunday after one of her neighbors allegedly called her up and criticized her for making a racket while watching the World Cup.

The man was apparently upset because the woman's World Cup watching was affecting his ability to watch a NASCAR race. He also told her that her soccer-related noise was drowning out his attempt to listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd.

A Michigan man is hoping to raise money for an expensive operation to remove his excessively large (75 pound) scrotum via crowdfunding site GoFundMe.

"When I go out, people do look. They try to be polite; you can see when something's not right." The 39-year-old wants to get rid of the abnormal growth before it ruins his relationship with his partner of 20 years. "I don't want to lose her," he said.

He is hoping to raise $20,000 for his operation.

He realized that his problem could be treated after seeing TLC show The Man with the 132 Pound Scrotum.

In order to help increase safety at traveling circuses and county fairs, a New York lawmaker has introduced a bill that would make tiger selfies illegal in the Empire State.

Many may not be aware of it, but tiger selfies are a growing trend on dating websites like Tinder and OKCupid.

The bill, which was introduced by Manhattan Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal, would ban people from posing for photos while hugging, patting or otherwise touching tigers in New York.

This is wrong on so many levels. A person that would pose with a tiger to project an image of emotional openness and cute, or anyone else for that matter, shouldn't need a law to protect them from themselves. The law should be to protect them from others, especially the animals.

I'll still watch the series and read the books but I cancelled my membership in the fan club.

During a trip to Titanic Studios in Belfast, Queen Elizabeth II took a long look at the iconic Iron Throne from HBO's Game of Thrones.

The queen was apparently unafraid of the fate that has befallen many of the regal characters on the show.

Queen Elizabeth II didn't take a seat on the throne, saying only she did not wish to take anything away from House Lannister.

An Arkansas man was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated and disorderly conduct after he allegedly harassed a couple in a car because he believed they were cruising around in a spaceship. He also thought the driver was an alien.

The victims called police after he began following them around and then pulled up in front of their Plymouth Prowler to demand that the "alien take his spaceship back to where they came from."

The 44-year-old man also admitted to "smoking a little crack" but assured the officers that had nothing to do with the situation. 

A 63-year-old Indiana woman was able to use a backscratcher and a wrench to fight off an intruder who invaded her home.

A man wearing a hockey mask began threatening her with a wrench and demanding money. Unfortunately for him, she figured out that he didn't have a gun and went after him with a backscratcher.

"I said not in my house, not in my house, and I boom, boom, boom. I just hit him in the head, hit him in the head, hit him until he got right out of there."

He's lucky I couldn't reach my tweezers or toe nail cutter.

When the man dropped the wrench, she picked it up and hit him with that too until he ran out the door.

"If he hadn't have got out that back door, I'd have beat him to death."

That be a lesson for 'ya.....don't mess around with us old folks.

No comments: