Thursday, July 18, 2013

Living On Borrowed Time...

Wanda and I are watching too many television cop shows. Into the first two minutes of "Rizzoil & Isles" she said, "The father did it so his kid would go away to college," and she was right. Last night, less than two minutes into "Major Crimes," I knew the brother did it. With all these programs to watch and learn from, how stupid was this?

A 62-year-old widow was charged with murder after her husband was found buried in the front yard of their rural North Texas home, which authorities had searched three years ago after he was reported missing.
Neola Robinson is charged in the death of her husband Pleasant Ervin Robinson, 52, who was reported missing by his employer in May 2010 after he missed more than two weeks of work, according to documents filed in the case. The couple had been married about three years at the time.
Pleasant Ervin Robinson was last seen May 29, 2010, on a store security video in the Fort Worth suburb of Lake Worth buying food and mattresses.
One of his friends told authorities that Neola Robinson was jealous of his female friends. She told one of his friends in May that if he came home, "he's going to be missing some body parts, or I'm going to kill him and I don't care if I go to prison."
On May 18, 2010, he removed money from the couple's joint checking account and opened a separate checking account by himself. Four days later, police responded to a domestic dispute at the house where Neola Robinson had locked her husband outside because he refused to give her money. Later that night, Neola Robinson went to a bar and told a mutual friend that she was going to kill her husband.
Officers searching the home in June 2010 found what appeared to be a large blood stain in the bathroom. The officer said the home was clean and the kitchen floor appeared to have been recently scrubbed, although the home was cluttered and dirty when he responded to the domestic dispute the previous month.
Bank records show that activity continued on his personal bank account after he was reported missing, and Neola Robinson can be seen in a bank's ATM video and a store's security video using a debit card from his bank account, according to the 2010 affidavit.
Maybe it's me being picky, picky, picky but I have a few questions.
Why did she bury him in the front yard? I realize it was a mobile home but many have front, side, even back yards. Damn, I know you killed him, but give the guy some dignity.
Next, who has a name, Pleasant? Is that really his name? Or is his first name Ervin and he's nice, easy going, like mellow? Why was Pleasant (or Ervin) buying food AND mattresses? Why more than one? What kind of a store sells both, and what was he going to do with them? Were they plastic blow up pool type and if so, did he know the guy in Ohio?
An officer said the home was "cluttered and dirty" when he responded to a domestic dispute. The home was clean with what appeared to be recently scrubbed floors when a warrant was served after Pleasant went missing. If that's not enough to arouse suspicion what about the "LARGE BLOODSTAIN IN THE BATHROOM?"
And my last thought, Neola told at least two people she was going to KILL THE GUY. 
Now, she got away with murder for three years. Why the Hell was she still sitting around Pelican Bay, Texas?
I just went through an article on Monster.com titled "Maintain Privacy in Cubeland." The author wrote four "Sanity-Saving Tips" and they are:
Stand Up for Your Rights. As soon as someone tries to crash your cube tell the invader you need to keep the conversation brief, and you're on a deadline.
Don't Make Eye Contact. Treat any visitors like you would a big, scary dog. If you make eye contact people may misinterpret that as an "invitation to come in." Keep working and don't look up.
Make Signs. Have a red sign on your entrance and "visitors" chair. 
Don't Get Boxed In. Sit with your back to the cube doorway, and put something on your "visitors" chair to avoid walk-in plop downs. (Isn't this about the same as the red signs?)
I track the hits on the blog. The numbers this week: Two hundred eighty three people once each, or one person two hundred eighty three times. While I don't realize any monetary benefit (that's me trying to say I don't get money) I get satisfaction knowing the people that read it are entertained. I simply like to write and if I say so myself, I do it simply. I don't have an agenda.
Four days a week I sit in front of this computer with my latte and type words in what I hope is some sort of order. I try not to insult or hurt anyone. But I'm sorry, after reading the cubical advice, if you work in one? My advice would be, take the gas pipe.

No comments: