Jury Finds No Negligence In Trial Over 8-Month Erection.
"We're stunned," attorney Morgan Hershman said as he left the courthouse where his client 44-year-old David Mettso was suing urologist Thomas (We Get 'Em Up) Defacto.
In April 2010, four months after the procedure was performed, Mettso experienced swelling and went to a hospital, where he underwent testing. Before going to the hospital, Mettso had been unable to reach Dr. Defacto.
The doctor's lawyer argued that hospital staff who performed tests were unfamiliar with penile implants and were not properly trained to do them. Therefore, the results from the tests, including images showing swelling, did not prove negligence.
Mettso and his attorney during the one-week trial described the frequent discomfort and daily embarrassment he experienced after the procedure - including trouble riding a motorcycle, wearing normal clothes and joining family social events.
"I could hardly dance, with an erection poking my partner," Mettso told jurors at the start of the trial. "It's not something you want to bring out at parties and show to friends."
Mettso's stepson described a once close relationship that grew distant after the procedure. He felt uncomfortable having friends over and noticed his stepfather stopped showing up at school and sporting events.
"I was - I'm sorry - highly embarrassed," he testified during the trial.
The device was ultimately removed in 2010 after tubing punctured Mettso's scrotum. He received a replacement implant from another doctor.
Mettso had no comment on the jury verdict.
The doctor's lawyer said, "We think the jury reached the appropriate verdict."
This is the third such indecent I've blogged about. I'm thinking the things a man can do with an erection may not outweigh the things he can't.
Can someone who knows enough to operate a vehicle really be this stupid?
Around 1 a.m. Sunday morning a San Francisco taxi driver, unhappy with his tip, choked and robbed his passenger. When the driver delivered the 37-year-old man to his destination the victim asked for his change back, leaving no tip for the cabbie.
An argument ensued and the passenger tried to flee but the driver caught up to him and began to choke the man. After taking some money the driver got back in his cab and drove away.
The victim described the man as white, between 30 and 40, balding and wearing a white polo shirt and jeans.
Oh...and by the way...HE WAS DRIVING A CAB.
"I could hardly dance, with an erection poking my partner," Mettso told jurors at the start of the trial. "It's not something you want to bring out at parties and show to friends."Mettso's stepson described a once close relationship that grew distant after the procedure. He felt uncomfortable having friends over and noticed his stepfather stopped showing up at school and sporting events."I was - I'm sorry - highly embarrassed," he testified during the trial.I worked in hospital emergency rooms and I tell you this, I was never "properly" trained to "do penile implants" but I knew how to read an x-ray. I'm actually surprised the guy went for another implant. After walking around for 8 months I'd think he had enough to last a lifetim
No comments:
Post a Comment